Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guess I have a thing for palazzo pants


I still have quite a bit of stuff to catch up on in terms of posting. But I figured I'd try to catch up and post more current stuff at the same time too, so I don't have even more to post from the last couple of months. I bought these two pairs of pants at Zara a couple of days ago, and love them. 

 I bought them in olive green and black, mostly because I liked them both and could not decide. I have a full, long black skirt that is almost identical and wore it quite a bit in the summer. So I justified my purchase with convincing myself I will get a lot of wear out of both the pants and skirt, so it will be nice to have two options of a very similar looking piece. Plus, they were $29.99 each, marked down from $79.99, so I just could not resist. 
 I love how wide they are, the fit, the pleat detailing on the front and back, etc. I basically just love palazzo pants in general. Whenever I see a silk (or polyester, in this case) pair somewhere, I immediately want to get them. Especially if they are in a fun colour or print. But then I have to think logically with my student budget, and it being winter, they are not the most practical piece to acquire at this time. But then again, by the time summer rolls around I will either a) not be able to find any, or b) will find some I love, but will not want to dish out $70 for them. I'm basically just trying to justify this purchase some more to myself. Mostly because over Black Friday, I bought two pairs of similar (but printed, and narrower  and more pyjama like) pants from Club Monaco. Also largely discounted, plus they were 100% silk, which I love in any item of clothing and automatically want to get. But that's for  another post I will eventually get to. I guess this summer I'll be wearing a lot of wide, flowy pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment