Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sephora Birthday Gift : Benefit

 I'm not even going to address how I haven't posted in a very long time ...
Instead I'll just focus on "catching up" (in many areas, it seems like). But that's a whole other post. Back in September, I got this little present from Sephora around my birthday. I love Sephora's whole marketing and customer relationship management strategy. Not only is it a great way to bring consumers into your physical retail space, it's a great way to introduce them to your bestselling products (and chances are, get them to buy the full size version shortly thereafter). Anywho, this year you got a small tube of They're Real! mascara and Watt's Up! highlighter. 
I'm a big Benefit Cosmetics fan. I haven't tried all of their products yet, but the ones I have I've loved and they have become replacements for my staples pretty fast. I was excited to try They're Real! as I've read very positive reviews everywhere.

They're Real
It took me a little while to actually get around to trying this. But now I love it! This mascara really does make a significant difference. I'm not even exaggerating when I say got my hair cut last week and the girl cutting it asked if my eyelashes were real! And this doesn't happen that often (post my eyelash cutting incident many, many years ago. Again, whole other story). The wand is slightly different as well, it has a spidery "ball" like applicator at the end. It took me a couple tries to get used to it, but now I find myself applying vertically in the corners more often. The only thing I don't particularly like is the formulation as it does not wash off with water easily. I'm a bit fan of being able to wash off my eye makeup with water alone (I don't even have an actual eye makeup remover solution). It does not wash off with a foaming cleanser, so I do have to use (my roommate's) eye makeup remover to get the rest of it off. But in reality, to have amazing lashes for the whole day, this is a small inconvenience I can more than deal with. I do find that my lashes stay as curled and long looking as right in the morning when I first finish applying. Will very likely buy the full sized tube (even though it's way more than I usually spend on mascara).

Watt's Up!
I'm not the biggest user of highlighters. But I'm slowly learning how to use them subtly to a flattering advantage. I loved getting this sample size as I will most likely never get through a full size. It's been fun getting to play around with it. I don't find myself using it on my cheekbones, but rather my brow bone and occasionally all over my eyelid for a nice glow. I've also used this on my cupid's bow with some lip balm over for a subtle nude lip. I'm a fan of this product. Not sure if I will spend the $36 for the full sized product (probably not), but will see how I feel by the end of this little guy.

Overall, I'm very happy with this year's Birthday Gift. And with Sephora and Benefit in general.


No comments:

Post a Comment