Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Leather Satchel Co.

 One of my favourite bags ever. 

Stephen got me this beautiful satchel for Christmas. Yes, it's already June and I'm just getting around to posting it. As I'm very behind on posts in general, I've decided to not be annoyed with myself and just get around to it slowly. I find that when I have a million things to do, I tend to not do a lot of them (or at least the ones that are not vital, like posting). So I'll just ease into catching up and will hopefully develop a nice routine this way.

Anyways, back to the bag. I was eyeing in on Asos for a couple of months. I loved the beautiful oxblood colour and how simple and classy it looked. I was thinking about buying it, but being a student and not in the best of financial situations at the time, I decided I could not rationalize it. But I kept going back and looking on it. Then it went on sale. Then it sold out. Boo. I made a Christmas list of some things I wanted, but since it sold out I knew this was not going to be under the tree. There was another satchel in a dark yellow colour that I added to the list instead, as I liked it a lot as well. Well lo and behold, to my surprise, I got the oxblood! Stephen somehow managed to buy it before it sold out (maybe he got the last one). :D I was really happy to see it, and was admiring it for a long time. It's hand crafted in the U.K. and you can tell it's very well made. I love everything about it. Originally I intended to use it as a laptop bag (my usual bags are akin to a giant unshaped garbage bag type things, which I still love), as I wanted something a bit more polished. It does it my laptop perfectly, but not that much else as it's not as wide as I imagined. And since I like to carry a lot of things with me daily (umbrella, makeup, water bottle, etc), it could not hold all of them. Plus, I did not want to wear it out and have it succumb to the fate of so many of my other not as nice bags. So now I use this satchel as my professional looking meeting bag or even on a daily basis where I don't need to lug my laptop and a million other things around. I love everything about it. Thank you to Stephen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment