Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chicago - Day 5 : Art Institute of Chicago

The weather on our last day in Chicago was not the best. It was pretty cold and rained on and off the whole day. Fittingly, we started the day by walking past the Crown Fountain. 

I loved this fountain and was extremely amused by it. There are basically two towers and a pool of water between them. There is a video display on each tower, with the two faces facing each other and making various facial movement. At a certain point, the person opens their mouth somewhat and water shoots out from it. It was very entertaining to watch. 
After the fountain, we headed to the Art Institute of Chicago. There was a bit of a lineup, so we had to wait for a little while. I wish we gave ourselves a bit more time, as towards the end we had to rush through a few exhibits in order to make our ferry for the tour. 
Loved these three statues. 
I guess I like pointillism. 
I wouldn't mind having this as my desk. Not at all. 
Stephen looks pleased! He really wanted to see this American Gothic style painting  and it took us a while to find it, but we finally did. 

I was a big fan of all of the Indian and Southeast Asian artifacts.
Very intricate door lock.
We sped through the Textile and Miniature Rooms exhibits. The miniature rooms very my favourite, I think, and I do wish we had more time as there were quite a lot of them to see. Really neat.
So small!

So intricate. Are those grapes?









No comments:

Post a Comment